The American Legion was founded in 1919. Corona's first post, The Crown, was established in 1919 and failed by 1921. In 1923, the Post was resurrected as the Reveille Post. Groundbreaking of the present facility took place on December 18, 1928.
The site was renamed the William Henry Jameson Jr., a WWI veteran who sold the land to the Legionnaires. Jameson was the grandson of town founder George Joy, and was born in his grandfather’s town in 1893. He grew up in Corona and went into the armed forces when the U.S. declared war in April 1917. He excelled at his training and was set to go to France in November 1918 when peace was declared, thereby ensuring that he would miss combat.
When Jameson returned, he eagerly joined the effort to start a post in Corona and was one of its earliest commanders. His mother, Hetty Joy Jameson, donated the parcel of land upon which the hall was built plus $1,000 toward its construction.
When Jameson Jr. died unexpectedly from an undisclosed illness Nov. 30, 1932, it stunned many people. Because of his efforts, the members renamed the post after him in 1937.